Sunday, November 27, 2011

Black Fridays + New Addition

Did I dare to go black friday shopping? In downtown Chicago, of all places?
I did, and it wasn't so bad!!
Thanks to Tom, I got a pretty decent haul as well. :> I treated myself to a few things from Sephora, but Tom was kind enough to buy me Forever 21 clothes and even a new figure!!!




(I know my photography skills aren't up to par, but bear with me as I learn!! haha)

Jean Grey from X-Men! 
People say that they don't like her face, but I think it's just beautiful!! Kotobukiya's bishoujo line is really hit or miss; especially in the faces. I dragged Tom into buying for me... mainly on a whim as Kotobukiya is releasing Storm (and in the sketches she looks FABULOUS) in March and they will look amazing together. I'm a sucker for the white/silver hair and dark skin combo. Let's hope Storm's face is just as nice as Jean Grey's or Black Cat's. 

I haven't found any prominent mistakes on her yet. I guess the main negative was getting her out of that box!! It was almost stressful. She's completely bolted down everywhere, so it's just a solid statue, really. I was paranoid that I was about to break something while I was unwrapping her from the abundant plastic.
I seem to have really good luck when it comes to the quality of figures. Thank you, figure gods.  

Other Black Friday goodies~


A cute dress with scallop collar!! (The last size medium!) I wore it out today, and not only is it adorable... but also super comfy!! Just got to be careful when wearing it since it's cream-colored, and because I don't particularly trust the quality of Forever 21 clothes. (Pull tie not included!)


This one is hard to see, but it's a cute see-through cape with hearts. I've been looking for something like this, so I'm so glad they were still around when I went on Friday. Finally in my closet!! Rebuilding my style is getting easier as I'm figuring out what looks good on my body, but what also looks cute and caters to my personality and mental preferences.


Sephora goodies!! Tokidoki eyeshadow on sale, and it's amazing!! Darker, longer-lasting colors than what I normally use. Rebuilding your closet also means reworking some aspects of your make-up, I think.
Adorable pink-lemonade nail polish! It's so thin I need to apply 3 coats, but the color is just darling.
And clinique cover-up! It's my favorite brand of cover-up, but I haven't had it in a while! Getting back to using it as it works wonders on my skin as long as I take medication and wash my face every morning and night.


The dress in it's glory. (I'm also wearing the Sephora nail polish...) I'm sitting with Tom's cousin Valerie in this photo. We've been spending lots of time with his relatives lately as a lot of them live in/near Chicago. We went to the Museum of Science and Industry today, but that is just too much to talk about just yet. :) I've got another post on all that coming your way soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment