Friday, July 15, 2011

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Well, that was an emotional roller coaster!!

After dressing and packing in a hurry, Ruth (dressed as Hermione) and I (dressed as a nerdy Ravenclaw complete with fake freckles) arrived at our destination to line up for the IMAX 3-D experience around 7:00. The line was already wrapped around one wall!! So we ran to our post and camped out. We started snacking and reading and crafting gifts for our friends as we waited.
Ruthie crafts a Hufflepuff bracelet for Maddy.

Around 8:30, our friends Kayla, and Maddy showed up to wait with us. :) We joked around and some of us made friends with other costumed movie-goers (including a particularly kind Umbridge).

Maddy with our tickets!! +u+

Ruth's friend dressed as Tonks.

Umbridge with some students.

Kayla hiding under a make-shift invisibility cloak.

They seated us at 10:30, and we got some fairly good seats to the side. I was a bit nervous about it, but the 3-D worked out just fine. It was a great film, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It made a great finale to the Harry Potter epic. :) Although... what was up with the villians exploding? That never happened in HP before... haha. I do wish the epilogue had been just a tad longer, and parts of the Voldemort/Harry fight a tad shorter, but all in all I really have no legitimate complaints. :) Of course, I was depending on my rock-hard exterior to save me from crying during the movie (I don't cry easily), but of course I was a complete mess halfway through. 

Puffy eyes and delirious smiles after the film.

Packing up and bein emotional.

I stayed the night at Kayla's and started watching The Breakfast Club for the first time. It was nice to stay at her place since I haven't visited in a while. :) Shout out to Kayla! I need to put her in The Court. haha. She put together a cute tumblr post summarizing the truth of our situation. She gave me a super awesome gift, too!! I am forever thankful. 
The HP poster they handed out and my gift!!

A vintage Star Wars Laserdisc!! How cool is that? I'm not sure what I could do with it, but it's awesome!! :3 What a great Value Village find. 

Have you seen the movie yet? What did you think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment