Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Developing Something Entirely New

Being an avid doodler/illustrator-wannabe, I'm always ready to create new and exciting things. When I was younger and starting high school, I was always coming up with crazy new ideas for stories. Most of them never got past the planning stages, but one or two developed plots have stuck around in my head for a long time. I haven't really created anything new for a year or so, and I haven't been planning to.

 Recently, I had been having a bit of an art block. I was perusing the internet out of boredom, and I came across some inspiring artists. So, I found myself a paper and pencil and got to work. These were the result.

Mostly some portraits of friends. (As you can see, I gave Amanda a cute Dia de los Muertos face!) A friend was mocking my art on facebook, resulting in me deciding to overly-animefy her and her boyfriend in the bottom left corner just for fun revenge. I'm pretty sure the Japanese is right... I've studied it for four years and I'm just going off what I know! 

The face of Awkward Royalty... yours truly. And my king. :) Haha. Tom wore this cool outfit that day and I just had to draw it!! Then, I couldn't figure out what to do with his arms...and this thing happened. (What's going on here, anyway...?) It's probably one of the best things I've drawn to date. (That's a little sad, actually... haha) 

Anyway, that little doodle inspired me to develop a new story. When it hit me, I was kind of shocked since I haven't had any decent ideas in a long time. It's still in the plotting stages, but I think I have a pretty good thing going!! Working on something new always makes me really happy. :) 

ARTISTS THAT INSPIRE ME / FORCE ME TO WORK HARDER
  •  Ph0bs
  •  Anneke Gillette 
  •  Ross Campbell
  •  Annie Wu
  •  Swampy
  •  Bryan Lee O'Malley 
  • ChiraChira




No comments:

Post a Comment